Business By The Numbers
- In 2015, over 1.2 million people crossed the U.S./Canadian border in Calais
- The cost of labor averages about $18/hour
- The cost of living in Maine is 4.29% lower than the national average
- The median home price is $60,500 in the Baileyville/Calais area
- The Baileyville mil rate is 20.5, the Calais mil rate is 25.3 and the State of Maine sales tax is 5.5%.
- There is no local sales tax
- The Princeton Municipal Airport is just 5 miles north of Baileyville and can handle small jets, has the ability to clear customs and refuel planes.
- The Port of Eastport is one of 8 natural deep water ports on the east coast of the United States.
- There are three bridges to Canada located in Calais.
- Route 9 in Baileyville, and the first leg of the east/west highway, connects to Interstate 95 in Brewer.
- Rail service to Canada is available in Baileyville in conjunction with Woodland Pulp, LLC
INVESTMENT OPPORTUNITIES - ENTREPRENEURS WANTED!
Please call our office at 207-214-9394 for more information regarding the following investment opportunities:
- Five axle vehicle repair and maintenance facility
- Private label bottled water production facility
- 55+ active living community development
- Boutique hotel
- Private label hard cider production